Monday, November 28, 2011

A Little Bit of Christmas

I'm back on the road for my last job this year after getting to be home for a week for Thanksgiving.  I enjoyed being with my hubby and getting to visit with my kids and grand kids.  Thanksgiving was a real treat, since my son and daughter-in-law did the hosting.  My man decided to try his hand at frying a turkey.  Oh boy!  I was reading up on every tip about how to avoid causing a fire, getting burned, etc., etc.  He actually got it done without a hitch.  And it was tasty!  I wish I had thought to take pictures.   


I thought I would work on a furniture project while I was home.  But my husband bought so much furniture while I was away, that there was no room to work in our garage!  Not so long ago he was telling me, "no more furniture purchases until you sell some".  I did sell that dining room table and chairs, but he bought a whole lot more than that.......2 wardrobes, a china cabinet, a bookshelf, 6 dining chairs, a buffet, a side table, 2 mirrors, and probably a couple of things I'm forgetting.  I told you he got carried away!  He spent less than $350 for everything all at one estate sale!  


Here is where the little bit of Christmas comes in.  I wanted to accomplish something while I was home.  So I decided to work on a couple of things for Christmas decor.  I found this little hurricane lamp at an estate sale over the weekend for $3.  I had the pine cones from last year.  I got the berries for 50% off at Michael's for $1.  I think I might paint the base white after I get back home.  





I really wanted to use this pedestal bowl I also found over the weekend.  I bought the big glass ornaments for this purpose.  But I'm still trying to figure out if I like it.  Maybe I just need to add some greenery or something.  I'll work on that when I get back.  Anyway here it is for now.


I got those candle pedestals at the same sale.  Love them!




This last little project is my favorite.  I read about using this technique on a blog recently.  I feel terrible, but I cannot remember which blog it was on.  If I run across it, I'll give you an update.  You just cut the burlap in strips and tie each strip into a knot around your wreath ring.  Be sure to overlap each strip as you go.  It's also a good idea to be sure your ring is a similar color to your burlap.  I just used some raffia from the container my pine cones were in to hang the wreath.  And then stuck a cluster of berries in it.  Simple as that! Here it is.




I love it on my window!  I still need to work on getting it more "Christmassy"










I love that I can leave this up year round just by taking the berries out!


I did get my tree up too.  But I still want to work on it a little more when I get home before I post any pictures of it.  

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!  What have you done for your Christmas decor this year?  I'd love to hear from you!

Linking up to:










8 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Oh I just love that wreath! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party! Glad you did.

Gail said...

Jeanne, your little bit of Christmas looks great! I love the burlap wreath...it is just darling!!!

Sherry said...

Jeanne, you did a beautiful job with the pedestal and I do luv that burlap wreath!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Ladder Christmas Tree! Love your mirror as a backdrop for the great burlap wreath. Following you.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Love the face lift.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jeanne, sorry we did not connect when you were in Ocala, but Bryan's mom had passed away and things were a bit crazy. Hopefully next time.

Cheryl @ That's What Che Said said...

Thanks Jeanne for linking up your wreath to Holiday Happenings Link Party! It is beautiful!

Honey at 2805 said...

The berries added the perfect festive holiday touch! Thank you for linking your wonderful project to Potpourri Friday!