Friday, June 1, 2012

Drop Leaf Table Makeover

OK, so I don't get any points for a creative title on this post.  I just don't have the creative juices flowing right now.  This table was another makeover for a friend.  My friend inherited this table from a relative.  It was in pretty sad shape, as it had been out in a storage shed.  She pretty much gave me free reign on this one. 


It had good "bones", but needed some TLC



My hubby had to help with some fixes first........


This leg was cracked almost off.  He had to glue and screw it for it to withstand the stress.











Stripping and sanding was next.  My sweetie did that for me too!





I tried a combination stain and poly by Minwax.  I picked this up on the cheap at an estate sale and thought I'd give it a try.  It was pretty nice to get both steps done in one.  



Please ignore my messy garage!


After I finished with the stain, I turned the table upside down to paint the rest..........
Good ole ASCP Old White


And now for the final result.........









My friend was pretty happy with her new and improved table.  What do you think?  I'd love to hear from you!


Thanks for stopping by!


Jeanne


Linking up to:
Elizabeth & Co. - Be Inspired
Debbiedoo's - Newbie Party
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HOH
Kammy's Korner - Trash to Treasure Tuesday
Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday
The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday
Thrifty Decor Chick - Before and After Party
Pin It

13 comments:

Decor & Harmony said...

I love that you stained the top it's my favorite combo. I have never bought Old White, perhaps I should I have loved every color so far.

Beth@Makemeprettyagain.com said...

That table is almost identical (before and after!) of the one I completed last month. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly like my $40 craigslist score table! Now I know what I'll do with it !! Great job :)

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

That is one amazing transformation! Seriously. A stunner!

:)

Linda

Burlap Luxe said...

Beautiful outcome to its new life given.
xx
Dore

Anne said...

Wow, beautiful! Wonderful job.
Anne

Cynthia said...

What wonderful job. It looks soooo good!! I saw you on the newbies party.

Cynthia

Debbiedoos said...

Awesome job! Made a huge difference. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

Karen Lakis said...

I love the way it turned out! Great work!

Misti @ Living On Cypress Hill said...

That looks great! I love stained table tops with painted legs!

Michele said...

The table turned out great. The white legs really lighten up the piece for 2012.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I think that is one beautiful table!

Unknown said...

Did you stain the bottom of the table or apply chalk paint directly to it?