Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Too Authentic?


I'm not sure if I'll hit the publish button on this post or not.  I just need to write it and then see what happens.  You see I've been in a state of inertia when it comes to my projects and my blog for about two weeks now.  I think a lot of it comes from the fact that I don't know where to begin.  While I was working on the road this fall my husband acquired a lot of "stuff" for me to work on.  I literally didn't even have a space to do any work!  Just look.....



A spare bedroom, which should be an office/guest room

The wall color was chosen by my boys at the time.  We had a climbing wall in this room too.  Thus all the holes!



The garage.  This is supposed to be my work area.


I will say, we did rearrange things this weekend and made room in the garage for a small work area.  Today is Wednesday and I still haven't begun my next project.  I did clean a closet and reorganize my kitchen.  What's up with that?!  I need a kick in the pants to get going again.  Do any of you ever get in this kind of paralyzed state?  Any suggestions?  

I recently read a series on How to Grow Your Blog, beginning over at The Nester.  This series was hosted each day by some very successful bloggers.  I'm still trying to digest it all.  Day one talks about authenticity.  You know... be genuine, be real, be yourself.  I feel like I do that on a good day.  I guess I just avoid posting when I'm in a slump.  I don't want to be depressing to others, so I just quit posting.  Well that certainly won't get me anywhere, will it.  Thus, I decided to just write about what's really going on with me right now.  Too much?  Too authentic?  Oh well, something is better than nothing.  Right?  We'll see.

And............publish!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are on the right track. My husband keeps filling every open spot I leave too. It's kind of crazy, but I know he's trying to help. I just keep repeating the mantra..."one project at a time will get it done eventually". (I usually have 2 or 3 going on any given day). What seems to be depressing to you could quite possibly be reassuring to your readers as they are struggling with similar challenges. ;) Thanks for being authentic. I think it's a good step!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, thanks for taking the time out of your day to visit my fledgling blog! I made a very good profit on the buffet, if you don't take into consideration my man (woman) hours I put into it! I have a thought for your slump.. Make a list, or 2, of the furniture you want to get done next and work the list. Make sure to fit into it some quick hitting projects so you feel a sence of accomplishment... I'm a HUGE list maker.. I use the Cozi app for this and have it on my iPad, Droid & computer.. Seriously love to check things off!! Hope you pull through soon 'cause you have a ton of stuff to finish ;) - Susan

Maureen Wyatt said...

The hardest part of any project is picking up the paintbrush, threading the sewing machine, etc. I'm okay once I force myself to start. Today, I avoided starting my kitchen redo by sewing a ruffle on a tablecloth. What's with that? lol ~ Maureen

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Not too much. I think we all can relate to the slumps, so a post on it here in there isn't bad. Sometimes it's nice to see that we all go through the same stuff and all the pretty pictures we see aren't always the reality. Makes me feel better:).