Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Freshening



I got all the Christmas decorations put away and then set out to do a little Winter freshening up around the place.  I really wanted to incorporate some of the items I acquired at the auction I posted about here.  Please forgive my picture quality.  For now, my iPhone is my camera.  Hopefully that will change some time this year!  So here's what I came up with for the next little while.......



Everything but the books under the fan came from an estate sale or auction.




Just look at the table decor and not the toys from the grandchildren!

The scale and the rooster came from the New Year's auction.




I saw this idea recently and just loved it.  


Rust and white, old books, and a chippy stool....mmmmm.


Cute little wine cabinet my hubby got me.  There's another fan!



I had a couple of things I wanted to keep around after Christmas.  So I decided to just "unchristmasfy" them.  Do you like that word?  Here they are....

I just hung pictures instead of Christmas cards on my kitchen pass though window.

Removed the red berries and added the "K" on my burlap wreath.

A glimpse of our family room.  Lot's of livin' going on here.

Thanks so much for visiting today.  Blessings!

6 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

Hi Jeanne! I really like your vignettes with the pale brown and auq stool, and also the wine corks! So chic! Great color scheme throughout! a new follower, andrea@townandprairie

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Hi Jeanne, I am so glad you visited me @dolly'sdesigns, it gave me the chance to meet you and visit you! I love your blog and now follow you. Isn't this fun? I sure enjoy it. Love your blog!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Great stuff...All looking so good and cozy! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the wine bottle in the glass dome! This is so cute! I'm hosting a winter theme linky party and would love for you to post this! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

-Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love your decor. I have an obsession with fans, but don't own any...yet. I host a weekly link party called Show & Tell. Feel free to join in any time. It kicks off every Wednesday at mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking up to my Show & Tell party! Glad to have you join mrs. hines' class too. I am now your newest follower via google friend connect.

Sharon