Friday, July 27, 2012

My Little Desk Grows Up

Pin It

I bought this little desk a few years ago at a garage sale.  It's been a perfect piece to have in our great room area, since it didn't take up a lot of space.  I recently got another desk, so I thought I'd give this a makeover to make it look more "grown up" before sending it off to a new home.


It was just feeling unsophisticated.




I decided to give Annie Sloan's Aubusson Blue a try on this one.  I love this color, and I'm so glad I finally found a project to use it on.  I also knew I wanted a darker top.  I wanted to try Minwax Poly Shade, which is polyurethane and stain all in one.  This was laziness a time saving idea on my part, as that way I just had to paint right over the existing finish.  No sanding, staining, and clear coating for this one.  Without further ado, here is my desk all sophisticated and grown up.








I thought the chair I recently painted for my first Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint project would look great with the desk.  You can read about that makeover here.  So here she is with the chair.






As usual, thanks so much for stopping by!


Blessings!


Jeanne


Linking Up to:


2805 - Potpourri Friday
The Dedicated House - Make it Pretty Monday
Homemaker on a Dime - Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop
Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday
Serendipity and Spice - Manic Monday

3 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

She looks great all grown up! Love that color.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Love it! I used a little table like that as our breakfast table in our last house. The kitchen was so small that's all that would fit! You did a great job with the new paint. Stopping by from the Dedicated House.

Rita said...

Hi Jeanne,
I'm visiting from French Country Cottage and I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. You found the perfect dress for your table: love your color choice as it gives your baby so much character.
pretty chair, too
rita