Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two Quick Projects

These two little projects were just some quick upcycle/update ideas I tried recently. I kept debating whether to put them in a blog post or not.  I wasn't sure if they were "blog worthy". Whatever that is.  Anyway, I decided a post is a post and sometimes the most simple projects are best.


My first update was this "lovely" chandelier.  It just seemed a bit outdated to me.




So next I got a couple of cans of white spray paint and sprayed away.


Do you like my fancy spray booth?

After painting it, I tied jute around the globes.  Then put in some bulbs and hung it up. (Well, the hubby actually did the hanging)


Here's the final result.







The next project is an upcycle of an old window.  I made a little message center.  


First, I started with a window.  Of course!




Next, I cut some burlap to go behind the top portion of the window.  I glued some die cuts to the burlap to give it a little flair






Next, I stapled the burlap to the back of the window.  I also ended up attaching black material behind the burlap to make it a better back drop for a dry erase board.





I forgot to take pictures of the next few steps.  On the bottom half of the window I knotted jute twine and then stapled it in.  I looped the twine back under the staple to hide it.  Then did the same thing at the other end to attach it to the other side.  I also, covered a soup can with a graphic from my word clip art using Mod Podge.  I put a little faux glaze over that and attached some twine to it to hang.


Here's the big reveal.


You might notice the tree die cut is missing.  It just didn't look right.  So I took it off.


Well, There you go.  Not rocket science, but two useful pieces.


Thanks for stopping by.


Blessings!
Jeanne


Linking up to:


Debbie Does Creations - Toot Your Horn Tuesday's
Debbiedoo's - Newbie Party
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
Homemaker on a Dime - Bloggers' Party and Hop
Kammy's Korner - Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday
Serendipity and Spice - Manic Monday
Thrifty Decor Chick - Before and After Party
Twenty Eight 0 Five - Potpourri Friday

Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

2 cute projects! Nice job on both!

Debbiedoos said...

Nice job! Loving the chande, but the frame with burlap and twine is darling. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

Unknown said...

I love it all!! Thanks for sharing at Debbie's party, where I found you! :)

Peggy Meckling-Baker said...

Lovely re-do on the chandelier. I like the wrap-around rope motif. Very nice. And what you did with the window frame is adorable. I just found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm your latest follower and a fellow newbie.

Unknown said...

Wow...these are great projects! You did am amazing job! :D

Honey at 2805 said...

Both are really great makeovers! Thank your for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday at 2805!