My first update was this "lovely" chandelier. It just seemed a bit outdated to me.
|Do you like my fancy spray booth?|
After painting it, I tied jute around the globes. Then put in some bulbs and hung it up. (Well, the hubby actually did the hanging)
Here's the final result.
The next project is an upcycle of an old window. I made a little message center.
First, I started with a window. Of course!
Next, I cut some burlap to go behind the top portion of the window. I glued some die cuts to the burlap to give it a little flair
Next, I stapled the burlap to the back of the window. I also ended up attaching black material behind the burlap to make it a better back drop for a dry erase board.
I forgot to take pictures of the next few steps. On the bottom half of the window I knotted jute twine and then stapled it in. I looped the twine back under the staple to hide it. Then did the same thing at the other end to attach it to the other side. I also, covered a soup can with a graphic from my word clip art using Mod Podge. I put a little faux glaze over that and attached some twine to it to hang.
Here's the big reveal.
|You might notice the tree die cut is missing. It just didn't look right. So I took it off.|
Well, There you go. Not rocket science, but two useful pieces.
Thanks for stopping by.
Linking up to:
Debbie Does Creations - Toot Your Horn Tuesday's
Debbiedoo's - Newbie Party
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Night Special
Homemaker on a Dime - Bloggers' Party and Hop
Kammy's Korner - Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday
Serendipity and Spice - Manic Monday
Thrifty Decor Chick - Before and After Party
Twenty Eight 0 Five - Potpourri Friday