Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 - Pursuit of Wisdom


I'm sitting here Saturday night trying to get this posting ready for tomorrow.  I know with tomorrow being Sunday, I will not get a post up in a timely fashion if I don't go ahead and write it tonight.  I already hate that I got Day 1 up rather late.  Enough of my rambling......


Chapter 2 tells us about the pursuit of wisdom and the benefits of it.  What really stood out to me were verses 3-5.  Here they are from the New Living Translation - "Cry out for insight and understanding.  Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure.  Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God".  That sounds like we need to be desperate in our quest for wisdom.  He tells us to "cry out".  I just hear desperation in that.  When I think of crying out, I think of pleading.  We should want it that much!  The other thing that struck me in these verses is the last part that states, "and you will gain knowledge of God".  Remember from Chapter 1 verse 7 we learned that, "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge".  What knowledge?  The knowledge of God.  I guess that's really what it's all about; knowing God and living according to that knowledge.


Then there are the benefits of gaining this wisdom He bestows upon us.

Good Sense
Protection
Understanding
Knowing the right course of action
Joy
He Watches over us
Safety

I know I need to get more desperate for Him and His wisdom.  I will cry out to Him!!

Grace to you,
Jeanne

Linking up to:
Nesting Place

1 comment:

Marie at the Lazy W said...

Love the bullet points, and yep...crying out speaks volumes, it's not every day that life leaves us in that kind of passion. Keep writing! Looking forward to exploring this book.